Finally we will be able to restart our beloved guided tours, with all the necessary precautions to protect everyone’s health.
From June 8, the diocesan monuments will be reopened to the public, but there will be some new access rules like entry restrictions and mandatory reservation. In order to better manage this Covid-19 emergency, these rules will allow to speed up tourist flows and carry out guided tours in complete safety.
The opening times of the monuments will be from 9am to 7pm: below you will find the main entry guidelines that will be introduced, but you can see the full details at the following LINK.
1. THE ENTRANCE IS FORBIDDEN TO THOSE WHO SHOW FLU/RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS, BODY TEMPERATURE EQUAL TO OR ABOVE 37,5°C, OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH COVID-19-POSITIVE PEOPLE.
2. IT IS MANDATORY TO ALWAYS COVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH WITH A MASK, IN THE CORRECT WAY.
3. DISINFECT YOUR HANDS WITH THE SANITIZING GEL THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE VARIOUS SIGHTS.
4. TAKE PLACE ONLY WHERE PERMITTED AND ALWAYS KEEP CHILDREN UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE NEAR YOU.
5. ALWAYS MAINTAIN THE 1 MT INTERPERSONAL SAFETY DISTANCE.
6. RESPECT THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY AND THE VISITING TIME LIMIT SPECIFIED AT THE ENTRANCE
OF EACH MONUMENT, AND AVOID GATHERINGS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE BUILDING.
Safety always comes first, and for this reason it will be mandatory for group tours with more than 5 people to use radio guides/whispers so as to allow tourists to respect the safety distance between eachother. However, radio guides are not mandatory for groups of 5 or less, but visitors must always respect the social distance.
Because of these new access restriction rules, each monument has established its own maximum visitors capacity and maximum visiting time, which must be strictly respected. In particular, for the visit to the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia and the Neonian Baptistery (the two smallest monuments) you will need a special ticket as a supplement to the combined UNESCO monuments ticket –> here you will find all the informations about times and prices.
For the guided tours I will take care of the tickets purchase and the various reservations. For individual tourists, however, the purchase can be made through:
– Reservations Office (for individuals and groups) from 1 June;
– Online ticket office (for individuals only) from 8 June;
– Ticket offices located in each monumental complex (for individuals and groups) from 8 June. As usual you can buy immediatley-effective tickets and proceed to reserve each monument within the 7 days of ticket validity.
After carefully reading these important new guidelines, you will finally be ready to discover Ravenna and its rich heritage! I am waiting for you and I am very excited that I will be able to guide you again through my favourite city. I invite you to book your guided tour by sending an email to email@example.com or by texting/calling 349 5038574.